Monday, August 25, 2008

Misc. WLS info and sources

Hi All!

Here is info on the stuff i had with me or mentioned. If i forgot something, please email me and let me know.

The book and web site i had talked about and you can reach the bulletin board from there; Debbie already joined, Bob and I

 were on there for a while.

http://www.beforeandafterhelp.com

the book is: Before & After Living and Eating Well After Weight

 Loss Surgery With 100 Low Carb High Protein Recipes for a Healthier, Happier, & Slimmer You by Susan Maria Leach

~~~~~~

Protein Shakes: the protein shake i made was made with Matrix 5.0 5 pound bag of protein powder. I have it in vanilla, chocolate and the cookies and cream. It also comes in orange dream, and strawberry which I didn't care for either so sold to friends who loved it. I believe there is a new banana cream (as of 6-09)have not tried that yet.

i costs about $39 for the 5 pound bag. there are 70 servings per bag. you get 23 grams protein per serving.

The place I buy this is from www.vitacost.com they have $4.99 shipping on any size order.

~~~~~~

When I make a protein shake: I add sugar free pudding to the matrix and water. you can use milk but its extra calories and some extra protein. i ONLY use water and ice. The pudding i like best is the white chocolate. i have also used banana, cheese cake (tho this doesn't blend fully all the time), chocolate fudge flavors. I usually use a full scoop and a half scoop of matrix protein powder per large blender bottle and mix about 20 oz of water. OR i use my Magic Bullet i think its 16 oz when finished with the ice and water.

~~~~~~~

Oh Yeah Bars --protein bars--they have 3 flavors that I have tried:

Chocolate and Caramel (they call it milk but to me is not milk choc but not dark but i think in between. I "think" it gave me the runs but not 100% sure (sometimes you have to figure out what you ate and what set you off)

Peanut butter and strawberry * I like this one 2nd best

Vanilla and Carmel * I like this one best

12 bars for $17.89 at vitacost.com and 22.99 at www.bodybuilding.com These are the 3 oz bars. they also have smaller ones. they have 26 to 28 grams protein in the whole 3 oz bar. GNC sells them but were more expensive if memory serves.

BB has all 3 types, vita only has peanut butter/peanuts/caramel and the choc/caramel that i have. There are also smaller bars at BB.

When i have this i will eat the whole bar as a meal substitute, which isn't too often, but if i need a pick me up, 2 bites is enough! they are BIG bars!

they contain nuts so if you have nut allergies don't eat them. I keep them in my purse as an emergency food if i don't have other options.

~~~~~~~~~

the protein bullets are 42 grams protein but $30 for the 12 of them thru BB and not avaiable thru vita. they are 3.1 ounces, i still haven't had one. they are $2.50 each so im saving them as they are costly. they come in 4 fruit flavors.

~~~~

The shaker/blender bottle I have found cheaper at GNC. www.blenderbottle.com is the manufacturer, and from them if you buy any 3 there is free shipping. so i get 3 at a time. they make great gifts for anyone, not just wls folks. mixing salad dessing, eggs, pancake batter, gravies, etc. the ball is surgical stainless steel. all parts are dishwasher safe. they have 2 sizes, regular 28 oz ($8.99) and mini 20 oz ($8.49) i think the size is a bit misleading, i think they are also counting the lid up top. will have to measure to see. i have both sizes and use both sizes. However GNC is $5ish if memory serves.

~~~~

the popcorn seasonings are from Kernel Seasons. www.nomorenakedpopcorn.com

someone on susan' bb recommended it to me cuz i wanted ranch flavor. they had a special where you buy 12 and free shipping. so i got 12, 3 ranch and a couple duplicates of others. i have apple cinnamon, choc marshmallow, ranch, parmesan and garlic, white cheddar, nacho cheddar, bbq flavors. they had a couple others.

~~~~~~

the Davinci bottles of sf syrup! i love these I have about 15 on my counter, it looks like a bar LOL they are from the manufacturer www.davincigourmet.com $7.99 reg price.

each month they have $1.00 select flavors. make sure you get SUGAR FREE! they have regular with sugar in many more flavors but i think there are 30 sugar free. pumps are $2.50. each squirt is 1/4 ounce. and i use a squirt of amaretto and one of raspberry in a 32 oz container of water and the walmart brand of the crystal lite orange drink mix. thats ALL i drink. ok sometimes i do pink lemonaide with splenda or ice water but 90% of my fluids im guzzling is the amaretto/rasp/orange mix. I buy the big containers at walmart of the drink mix i think they are $1.50 for 6 tubs that make 32 oz each. i buy a dozen containers at a time. ** That's 192 ounces for $1.50!!! 192 oz is the size of 16 cans of soda!

The davinci syrups you can find at other places, someone told me tj max but i didn't find any at the one i went to. they do not ship (the manufacturer) in winter so the bottles would freeze but i only had to wait a week or so when it was the coldest this past winter)

~~~~~

the chips i had kays naturals: www.kaysnaturals.com

10 grams protein per bag its a 1.75 oz bag.

i got the parmesan chips and have tried the wasabi, they have a bite (hot flavor!) and i think i tried the cinnamon toast pretzel sticks. i used the parmesan chips the other day instead of bread crumbs on tilapia.

No comments: