Sunday, June 14, 2009

Something I've wanted to do....

is make a set of cards, similar to the old deal a meal cards, but with MY foods. The plan is to either pick at random or pick and plan ahead from this list to help me not deviate from what i should eat.

As a wls patient, i can eat protein, veggies, fruits. i do need to work on carbs, but as that's lesser of the evil vs sugar, im not gonna tackle it just yet. not a cop-out, just my way of doing stuff in an order that seems to be working for me.

so here goes the list of foods that I personally can, do, and like to eat. 

Proteins:
grilled chicken (patty or in a salad)
scrambled eggs (with ham and cheese; onions/tomatoes optional)
tilapia
ground turkey (in various forms, chili, patties, etc)
cottage cheese
hard boiled eggs
turkey
chicken on da spit (rotissary)
pork
string cheese (from the dairy not the grocery)
steak (not as often as pre-surgery) 

Veggies:
lettuce
tomatoes
green beans
onions

Fruits:
berries
bananas (in my protein shakes)

to be continued...after vbs tonite :)


No comments: